Unicorns tears - too faced la creme lipstick

12:27 AM

So apparently the world was obsessed with this lipstick named "unicorn tears" and I'm several months late to the party.

But I recently went to an Ulta with the goal of getting a Tarte Shape tape in my color (sold out last time). And while they had my color (which is light neutral), I tried on Unicorn tears for kicks and I walked out thinking I'll save my money until I run out of Naked concealer.

But then I walked right back in and bought "Unicorn Tears".



Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in "Unicorn Tears" review after the break!



I don't have any Too Faced lipsticks so this was a first.



The color is a pale iridescent blue with a pink / lavender shift. That means in the tube it's a baby blue, goes on sheer, more transparent but it looks pink in some light, and purple in other light.


Careful though - it does come across "icy" in some photos. I do think it would be gorgeous on any skin color though - especially darker skin tones! But if you're not into the shimmery icy look, you won't like this.
I find the formula moisturizing, and I tend to have very very flaky lips no matter how much I exfoliate and mask and moisturize. 



It doesn't accentuate the dry skin, and it's sheer enough that if this is the only lipstick I'm wearing, I don't need to worry about application or using liner. It's more of a gloss, it's not opaque by any means.
Like a balm or gloss, it stays smooth and "wet" and wears away easily over time or when eating, but it's easy to re-apply.



I think it'd be a good lip topper as lipstick toppers are in right now (Lime Crime Diamond Crushers anyone??). 

I  have layered it over my new favorite lip combo - Limecrime's "D'Lilac" and Mac's "Pink Nouveu" 
I like to use one on the outer and one only in the inner of my lips for a cutie kawaii dimension. 
Hopefully I'll have photos of that coming soon!

Do you have any of the other Too Faced La Creme Lipsticks? What do you think?


You Might Also Like

0 Sparkles

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook