Sugarpill - Trinket (Liquid Lipstick) Unboxing and Review

9:36 PM




Recently Sugarpill.com restocked their first lip color "Trinket".

Trinket sold out in seconds upon launch, so they brought it back as a permanent shade!

On to my Sugarpill - Trinket (Liquid Lipstick) Unboxing and Review!

*updated added!*
*2nd update added!*




The packing does not include the mermaid from the first launch, since that was limited edition.

A lot of people online note how similar the packing is to Jeffree Star's Velour Liquid Lipstick but Sugarpill commented that this packaging is currently the most airtight and preserving for this type of lipstick on the market.

Onto the review!

Sugarpill Liquid Lipstick in Trinket Review & Unboxing
Cutest Packaging! This is the actual box it was shipped in.

Sugarpill Liquid Lipstick in Trinket Review & Unboxing


Sugarpill Liquid Lipstick in Trinket Review & Unboxing
THIS BOX IS THE BOMB.COM it's holographic and iridescent 

Sugarpill Liquid Lipstick in Trinket Review & Unboxing

Sugarpill Liquid Lipstick in Trinket Review & Unboxing
Similar packaging to Jeffree Star but Sugarpill commented that this is the best packaging in the market right now for liquid lipsticks.


Sugarpill Liquid Lipstick in Trinket Review & Unboxing
Small size.

Sugarpill Liquid Lipstick in Trinket Review & Unboxing
Yes this photo is a bit too cool, but the lip color is accurate

Sugarpill Liquid Lipstick in Trinket Review & Unboxing
First applied, it's moussey and soft but thick.

Sugarpill Liquid Lipstick in Trinket Review & Unboxing
Fresh application is more matte. 

Here's some iPhone6 photos so you can see it closer to real life:

swatched and dried - very glitter!

I CAREFULLY ate something and it some how made a hole ?? 
It seems to have crumbled away in clumps...



I reapplied right over it here, looks okay but feels thick and like it'll crumble even more.

It looks good if you don't touch it and from far away. But it's so crumbly here after 2 hours and 1 reapplication :p

Overall the color is SO GORGEOUS but there is GLITTER all OVER MY FACE. I don't even know how but I like glitter, it's fine.



TLDR:

It feels okay, formula is plush, maybe even moisturizing, but if you touch your lips at all, it'll fall off in pills and crumbles. There is SO MUCH GLITTER, it's awesome but all over your face. I guess you can't have it all. The color and glitter is so great and the idea of it drying glittery is so awesome that I will continue to try to use this and find ways to make it better, but off the bat I prefer the formula of Limecrime's Velvetines. Maybe if I use a lip primer? Maybe if my lips were more moisturized? IDK.

That concludes my Sugarpill - Trinket (Liquid Lipstick) Unboxing and Review

Did you jump on this re-stock? What are your tips to wearing Sugarpill's Trinket?


**UPDATE**
I tried this again today - I put it on QUICK and I wiped the clumps that came on the wand off before applying. I moved fast, didn't go over the same spot too much, did a true one-thin-coat application.

It dried matte, less glitter for sure but it didn't get all over my face. 

Also I noted that later in the day, I only had lipstick on my top lip. Not sure where the bottom lip went, but it's so close to my natural lip color that I didn't notice it was gone until I noticed that my top lip was much more sparkly.

It feels comfortable, top lip lasted, glitter is still there 6 hours later.

So the secret to using Sugarpill's Trinket is to apply a THIN COAT, quickly! 

**UPDATE agen**
I have continued to wear Trinket and I love when i happen to have a good lip line day (I'm really bad at following my lip line)! I put on a quick coat, and if I don't have to touch it up over and over it wears nicely, gets sparklier if you touch it, rub it lightly, or smack your lips to uncover the sparkles and I forget I'm wearing it! It doesn't accentuate dryflakes which I ALWAYS have on my lips (there's no exfoliation in the world for my lips). Overall, I just wish they had more shades!


You Might Also Like

0 Sparkles

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook