New Video: MODA PRISMATIC Makeup Brushes First Impressions!

11:00 AM


Sorry - no audio this time. I'm just recording on my gopro and editing on my iPhone until I get home and can set up my DSLR and have a real editing program on my computer! Then things will get legit I promise!

Anyways, review after the break!




As you can see, I didn't read what the brushes were for, I just tested them as I saw fit.

the big one?
The big one is REALLY BIG. I kinda want to use it for face oils or something as it's too big for the contours of my face. It is nice though - very dense. I feel like it did absorb a lot and it was "pushing" the makeup around my face. Coverage of my Double Wear seemed to be less than usual and I used up a lot more foundation that I would normally. I did try it again with a drop of jojoba oil on the brush first, it did smooth out well but I don't generally put oils in my foundation since I have oily skin and I'm sure it's not good for the brush. But I've seen people do it. And I felt like the texture was streaky a little, and the finish was strange.

I recommend:
I'd recommend this brush for a thinner foundation, lighter coverage, maybe a BB cream.


the concealer one?
The 2nd largest I used for concealer and thought it did a good job. Not as much coverage or as nice a finish as a beauty blender, but it did smooth it out fast. I did find myself going in with a beauty blender to either fix streaks or add coverage.
I recommend:
For creamy and moisturizing concealers. Maybe add a drop of oil?



the contour one?
The smaller one was strange. It seemed to small to contour without a harsh line on my cheeks, but nice for nose contour. Although I only had one cream contour and it was a little hard for the brush. It didn't do too well with the powder which disappeared or streaked. 
I recommend:
This is really really meant for a creamy cream contour. 



The tiny round one?
The teeny round one I've seen used for lips, but I don't have any cream lipstick, only the kind... that's a stick lol. So I didn't use that. I did try to see if it might be good to spot conceal, but it's just kind of strange, I'm not sure how I'll use it.
I recommend:
I imagine it'd be good if you had one of those Urban Decay lipstick palettes where they're in wells?

Overall:

Are you someone that doesn't really have flakey dry skin but uses very creamy, oily, hydrating foundations like BB creams? Do you add a drop of oil to your foundation or when blending concealer or contour? Do you have very creamy contour products and lipstick that comes in a palette?

Or do you have $16 to burn and are curious about these hairbrush brushes?

Then I'd recommended. It's pretty well made, very dense, but I don't feel like they compare to those pricey Artis brushes - although I've never had one, I can't imagine people rave about them if this is similar. It's okay, it's not like I took it out of the package and thought "this is crap!"

It's fun, it's cheap - I'll use it on casual days that I gotta be out the door and only use a BB cream or drugstore foundation. But I won't rely on it when I need coverage, or with an expensive product.

You Might Also Like

0 Sparkles

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook