Makeup review: Billion Dollar Brows Kit

8:54 PM


so yes I actually won this kit from a local mall's IG - they had me sign a tax form for the $73 value *eye rolls* 

I'm gonna tell you now- I wouldn't pay $73 for this. But it retails for $42? actually- and I probably still wouldn't pay it. But I do think I might end up using it all up... 

Find out why after the break! *Break dances*






This kit is good if you have NO brow makeup, it's a good starter, there's not colors to choose from, there's a brush, a highlighter/concealer, there's brow gel... but any one who's past the beginner stages is sure to already have most of this. I bought Too Faced's Brow Envy Kit recently and find that to be a better deal ($35?)

but I admit- I use the brow pencil when I'm lazy. It has a soft neutral color that would work for blonde and brunette (I am both lol!) but I find that I'm too heavy handed or the pencil is too soft, it's smudgy which is good for somethings but not if you need a sharper line (the highlighter and brush help with this tremendously though). There is a strong spoolie on the other end. the pencil is twist up- given how smudgy I'm not sure how long this will last...


The next step is the highlighter/concealer duo 

highlighter on left, concealer on top right

the highlighter is my favorite thing in here, soft and easy, it blends nicely with the included brush to get a sharper line on the bottom of your brow that the smudgy pencil doesn't let you do. 

The concealer is weird to me, it's very hard and hard to warm up. I found myself pressing very hard the first time I used it, like it needed to be warmed up. A big flake came off and it seems softer now- perhaps the outside dried out?

the Brow gel is just brow gel. it doesn't smell, sting, or flake. it's not shiny either which I like and it's not "crunchy". Perhaps it's conditioning? it feels very soft! I like this product!

First Impression: 

A good starter kit but not something for the seasoned makeup veteran or for someone who needs their "brows on fleek" which in my mind means very sharp edges and percise control. Good for the more natural look and if you're soft handed. I wouldn't purchase this for myself but I know I'm gonna end up using these items out of convience and I might find myself missing them...

I'll update again in a month!

my review idea is to do a First Impression when I get something and use it once, then a Follow Up of Final Thoughts q month later, yes? 

You Might Also Like

0 Sparkles

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook