skin care review: Simple - Cleansing Micellar Water

9:38 PM


I first heard of "Micellar Water" on Tati's YouTube channel (Love her!). 

A "water" that easily removes makeup and cleanses with no actual water needed? 

More on this witchcraft magic after the break!



I did some online research and found that the idea is that tiny micro bubbles are in the liquid that should "lift" makeup and dirt out of your pores instead of you rubbing them into them trying to remove makeup. 


I don't wash my face in the morning and it's helped my skin calm down in terms of oil production. But now that I'm trying the Ole Henriksen kit, I have stuff on my face at night and want to get rid of that before the day serums and SPF so ... 

Micellar water?!

I also have eye lash extensions some times and need something to easily avoid my lashes but to rid me of makeup.

the Micellar water directions are to use a generous amount on a cotton pad and hair lightly sweep your face.



First Impression: 
The water feels like a wet cotton pad. There's no burn or tingly when wiping, but the cotton is instantly very very brown with my foundation! My eyeliner melted off easily but... my eyes! it stings but the stinging ended shortly and I think next time I'll just close my eyes tighter or not use so much liquid. 

thoughts: 

I admit, there's glitter on my cheeks from my eyeshadow but my skin feels clean. maybe ever so slightly tacky but my skin feels that way after most makeup wipes. There's no visible makeup on my face but at night I think I'd actually wash my face after or at least use a toner to sweep up anything left over, 

Overall I think this will become a necessity for me- to use in the morning to sweep up oil and night treatments before the day treatments and when I get home from work to clean my makeup off before I shower/ wash my face for the night. It's like a makeup remover that isn't oily and treats your whole face instead of only your eyes or lips. 

My Micellar water first impressions is that its earned a valuable place in my skincare lineup! but it's only been 1 use - so I'll update as usual next month! 

have you tried Micellar water? what do you think? how/when do you use it? 
There's a hibiscus one from Boots I want to try next! 

You Might Also Like

0 Sparkles

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook