Let's talk about skincare...

9:33 PM

So.

You're 25, you don't need anti-aging stuff right?

well...

they say that your skin's elasticity starts to go down the second you hit 20!
Not sure if it's true, but many bloggers agree that 25 is a perfect time to start thinking about your skin!

Preventative measures are always better than reactive !

So what does a 20 something need to know in order for her 30 something self to thank her for it later?



This Mini "Anti-aging for your 20's" Sephora haul after the break!




FIRST OF ALL SUNSCREEN
I'm sure you've all seen the photos of the lady that drove a truck and the side of her face that was exposed to the sun was 100 YEARS OLDER LOOKING. Seriously, it's terrifying!

The best thing you can do for yourself in your younger years it to wear SPF 30+ everyday.
EVERYDAY. I live in Hawaii and I HATE sunscreen. But after only a month of a new job, walking for maybe 10 minutes in and out of the shade maybe 3 times a week, there are spots on the top of my foot that weren't there before and it terrifies me to think whats happening to my skin!

For the body I like Shiseido's spray sunscreen which you can find at Costco.


about $30 - $40

Is it sticky? I guess a little. If I put it on my face, yes I'm very shiny by the end of the day and my skin is sticky. On my legs and arms, I feel nothing. It's easy to apply and the level of SPF trumps the inconvenience of slight stickiness you don't notice anyway.

VITAMIN C -
This one is not as obvious, from my online research, Vitamin C and other anti-oxidants are great for younger skin. It will neutralize free radicals, it will help with damage from the sun, it's great for aging skin and so it's perfect to start introducing on the daily.


I tried to address these two top tips for 20 somethings with this mini-haul:


Ole Henriksen 3 Little Wonders kit includes the Vitamin C packed serum (serums, something new to me!) and a day and night moisturizers. Please note that these bottles are TINY. There's something like .33oz in one of them. These are like sample sizes, I'm not sure if this was even worth it vs. buying the full size kit but I wanted to try it before getting a big bottle (and I wanted the travel size bottles for a trip).

Kit is $24.50 at Sephora 


Serum is something fairy new to me- when I first started thinking about my skin in highschool, I was told "cleanse, tone, moisturize" but now my Sephora advisor says it's "cleanse, TREAT, moisturize".
She said that most face washes are now PH balanced and so the use of a toner is not as necessary except to pick up leftover makeup or soap. Now you cleanse, (tone is wanted), treat with serum for whatever your skin issues are, moisturize, eye cream, then SPF in the day or intensive cream at night.

Sounds like a lot to put on your skin! Especially here where it's hot and my skin can get oily.

However, this serum goes on like an oil and immediately absorbs, I was running my hands together in disbelief! Where'd it go?!

The day cream is a moisturizer, the night cream has AHAs in it to resurface your skin more deeply.

The only thing missing from this mini-kit is an eye cream! There's a larger kit with the same products in full size that I want to get if this mini-kit works out for me, it includes a foaming facewash for about $75 all together.

About $30 (not bad!)

This Ultra Repair Pure Mineral Sunscreen Moisturizer was not something I researched before I went to Sephora but the girl helping me insisted that it was her favorite for under makeup.

When she squeezed some out for me it came out like A MOUSSE. and the foam melted into a thick layer of lotion which dried into nothing. I was impressed with the brightening effect (some online say white cast, but I'm biased in that I'm always trying to lighten my skin!) and the matte matte matte-ness.


What are your beauty tips for your 20s? Anything you wish you knew or any great advice you've gotten? Share your tips with me!

You Might Also Like

0 Sparkles

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook