Smashbox - Always On Liquid Lipstick in "Chill Zone" Review and swatches

12:54 AM

Since I recently went silver with my hair I decided to go full monochrome and get Smashbox's Always on Liquid Lipstick in "Chill zone".

It looked like a cool gray with a hint of purple everywhere I saw on line.

I knew I had to see it in person to know for sure

Smashbox - Always On Liquid Lipstick in "Chill Zone" Review and swatches after the break!



Smashbox - Always On Liquid Lipstick in "Chill Zone" Review

I'm fairly new to liquid lipsticks and the only other I've really tried before this is LimeCrime's Velvetines, which I loved. Liquid lipstick seemed like a hidden treasure, I never wore lipstick because it would smudge and I'd be paranoid all the time.

This formula seemed moussey-er (is that a word?) but cushiony and no matter how many times I went back and tried to fix my weird lip shape, it never looked clumpy or bad.

It wears nicely, no tight dryness, and it stays till you take it off - or eat something oily obviously.

The color seemed less purple on my lips than I saw online


Here it is with my gray/silver hair by Sabre Salon in Honolulu.

Smashbox - Always On Liquid Lipstick in "Chill Zone" Review and swatches
On my eyes is the NAKED 1 palate btw.

I loved the way it looked with my hair, but I felt it did look flat with the matte finish.
Better than metallic though, I would not be into a silver lip.

Smashbox - Always On Liquid Lipstick in "Chill Zone" Review and swatches
Here I added dimension by "liplighting" (adding highlight on the lips) with "Virgin" from UD's Naked 1 Palate on the cupid's bow and center of the bottom lip. I LOVE how this looks!

Smashbox - Always On Liquid Lipstick in "Chill Zone" Review and swatches

Overall, I LOVE this formula so much, I went back to find an everyday one for work but unfortunately, I didn't love any of the other shades :p They seemed too "brick" for me (reddish undertoned) and I didn't want a brown lip or a red lip, I wanted a sweet pink that they didn't seem to make. "Stepping Out" and "Babe Alert" were two I was interested in but didn't seem to like swatched on my hand.

Have you tried Smashbox  Always On Liquid Lipstick? 
How does it rank on lipsticks for you? 


You Might Also Like

0 Sparkles

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook