Sparklebaby Palate review & dupe for Moonchild Glow Kit ??

6:28 PM

I've got Anastasia Beverly Hill's Moonchild Glow Kit in my cart and my finger is on the trigger, but I wanted to experiment and see if I could get close to the alien babe look without it.

The other 100% every kawaii alien babe necessity is my Sugarpill Sparkle Baby Palate, and so I tried to use it as a highlight, lets see how it turned out!

Sparklebaby Palate review & dupe for Moonchild Glow Kit ??
Sparklebaby Palate review & dupe for Moonchild Glow Kit ?? 
Sparklebaby Palate review & dupe for Moonchild Glow Kit ??
Sparklebaby Palate review & dupe for Moonchild Glow Kit ??



I apologize for not taking DSLR photos - I was super lazy and didn't have good makeup on for nice photos, but I still wants to share my findings.

Sparklebaby Palate review & dupe for Moonchild Glow Kit ??
Here is Sparklebaby on my eyes, I love the color "Candy Crush", it's a minty pastel green.
Excuse my weird eyeliner. I kept making is lopsided and gave up after a while T.T


Here on my cheek I used "Kitten Parade" the rose gold deep pink with gold shimmer. It's very beautiful in person, gives a golden glow but with a blush underneath.

Here is "Frostine" the pastel purple on the cheek with Laura Mercier Highlighter on top. I made it very sheer, probably much more subtle purple than the Moonchild palate is (I'm not sure, I don't own it... yet.).



I couldn't get a good photo of the mint color on the cheek, but I assure you it does flash green VERY subtley when turning your head. I wish it was more green though. 

Overall these are eyeshadows and not highlights so the formulas do sit differently. Kitten Parade is GORGEOUS on the eyes and beautiful cheek highlight but I did find it to accentuate my pores a little. Note that I didn't prime or have foundation on, so that could be why. 


I still really want the glowkit, but for those of you that wanted to try something more subtle, here's a good idea!

Do you have the Moonchild Glow Kit?  Tell me your thoughts, I'm on the fence!

You Might Also Like

0 Sparkles

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook