Maybelline® Instant Age Rewind® Eraser Dark Circles Concealer + Treatment Review ! Fair & Light

7:07 PM

Maybeline's Instant Age Rewind Eraser is a favorite amoung youtubers! 

Sooo since I was about to buy another Naked Skin concealer, I was on the look out for a cheaper dupe ---
Maybeline Age Rewind Concealer in Light and Fair


More after the break!


I waited for weeks to go to the local Target, since my web research told me it's the cheapest there ($7+ in Hawaii). 


So I have a complex where in my mind I am PALE. But come on. I'm half filipino and I live in hawaii T.T of course I'm tan. Not saying there's anything wrong with being tan, especially in Hawaii, but I just like my hair color more when I'm lighter skinned and I'm not about to change my hair (it's SILVER HOW COOL IS THAT).



In my delusional state of denial, I picked up Fair, the lightest shade. 


Maybeline Age Rewind Concealer in Light and Fair
Fair on the left, Light on the right (Sunlight)
Maybeline Age Rewind Concealer in Light and Fair
Indirect sunlight

So the Fair shade was WAY too light on my skin, and I think this was mostly due to the undertones, very pinky. The Light shade I got at Walgreens was $1 more but I couldn't stand having the wrong shade. It definitely has yellow undertones, better for my skin. But I kept the light incase I need it for something (idk what).

The first time you use it you have to crank it for the product to show. I recommend turning it 5-10 times then pressing the sponge down to see if the product comes up. 

You can crank it for a thick application or let it run down, the sponge is flocked and soft, leaves a wide streak so it's great if you do the triangle under your eyes down to the cheek bones. 

I did use a thick layer of this and complete with foundation under and powder over, set by baking. By the end of the day, it looked TERRIBLE. Very settled into my pores and separating
But I admit this could've been the cheap powder I used to bake, and so I decided to go back to my Nars concealer today to compare, and alas, no caking. 

I do use this on work days when I do minimal makeup and I find that it does fine on it's own, without a full face. Perhaps it's just not layerable (is that a word?). 

It's a good thing to pick up if you're looking for a creamy concealer but don't need a thick coat, but it's not a dupe for neither Nars nor UD's Naked Skin.

Have you tried Maybelline's Age Rewind concealer? Do you have any recommendations for me before I buy UD's Naked Skin again? 

You Might Also Like

0 Sparkles

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook