Matte iridescent chunky glitter nails!

4:23 PM


I've been starting up doing my own gel nails to save money for my (not upcoming anytime soon) wedding. I was gifted a UV light, so I thought, why not. 

I saw this tutorial by Sara R. nail designs on youtube and fell in love - I love matte glitter! 
And I specifically love chunky japanese confetti encapsulation. 

I knew I had to try it!


I bought The Gel Bottle USA's Builder-in-a-bottle in Teddy and Baby because it seemed Teddy was a a more brown tone, and baby was well, baby pink. When finished matte - they look exactly the same 😅


BIAB Teddy + daiso kitty decals


BIAB Teddy and Light Elegance "North Pole"


I feel pretty silly for buying both then forgetting to buy the clear T.T

But anyways - the biab is easy to work with, and I'm sure when my forms come in, I'll be able to build an extension with them. 

The only issue I found is that the glitter I have is so chunky, they wouldn't lay flat on my curved nail. If the edges stick out from your finished nail, it will rip out! 

I used a Chinese "rhinestone glue" at first to put the sequin glitter confetti, whatever you wanna call it down. But the edges still stuck up.

I found a hack to use saran wrap or a clear plastic piece to "press" the glitter to the curve of the nail and cure it. The saran wrap peels away easily and the glitter is cured down! I found using the plastic piece that my gel brush came in was better than the saran wrap - yay recycling!

This is where the clear BIAB would've come in hand for sealing it down, but I just used a thick layer of top coat over that. Mostly success! 

I could use a little more attention to my cuticle area, but the over all look is exactly what I wanted!
I did add a accent nail with Light Elegance in North Pole on my left hand, and a kitty decal nail with decals from Daiso on my right! 

Anyone else love matte glitter?!

You Might Also Like

0 Sparkles

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook