Team Cheeky Night Guard for Bruxism: I fell for an Instagram ad!

10:44 PM

finally got my @teamcheeky night guard! I have severe #bruxism and stress so I’ve worn my teeth well past my enamel, my dentist is very upset. I’ve had expensive night guards and given up due to the abrasions it would cause canker sores and I just can’t sleep with them (did i mean ruin i already have insomnia?) So this cheaper alternative requires no doctors visit and you get a new one with a sub based 3 month renewal.

#teamcheeky





I ordered on black friday with a deal they were having! As soon as I paid, I got an email shortly after asking if I wanted an upper or lower guard and they also ask you what MM you want your guards in 1.5mm, 2mm or 3mm. I got the thinnest one, hoping it would let me sleep!

My kits came right away and I received 2 kits separately?
I reached out to cheeky on instagram but they never responded so I kept it.
I found myself in between small and large tray.



The large actually hurt my gums in the back and it was quite painful but I was afraid because the "mesh" on the pink small one didn't reach the back of my back teeth. I emailed after that experience and their customer service recommended the small size, and since I had two kits, luckily I had 2 tries since I messed up the first one.

You have to take the red and the white putty, and MIX it to a uniform pink, then roll it, cut it in half, put half in the top of the tray, and the other on the other side, THEN put it in your mouth, bite all the way down, and push it in so the putty rises.

 It says you have 30 seconds but maybe it’s the humidity or heat in Hawaii, but I had MUCH less than that before it was too hard to bite. And you have to REALLY ram it forward to get the top gum line, I didn’t get it right but apparently it was ok (my guard didn't end up going to my gums anyway).



It took several weeks until I got my first guard (I actually paid for a month renewal already). when it arrived it wasn’t totally smooth, almost like I had worn it already but that’s the manufacturing process since no one else could wear mine 😹




 I got the thinner one and it is much thinner than my doctor given one, but with a replacement every 3 months I don’t see any issue. And I could sleep!
Felt a little tight at first but I slept fine with no abrasions thus no canker sores! Only time will tell if I grind a hole in it before my 3 month replacement!

The best mouth guard is the one you actually use right??

You can get your own night guard at https://getcheeky.com/ 

Again, I 100% fell for the ad on instagram and paid for this myself. I'll update how it holds up!

You Might Also Like

0 Sparkles

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook