skin care review: Ole Henricksen 3 Little Wonders + Cleanser

12:46 AM

I purchased the travel size of Ole Henricksen's 3 Little Wonders a month back as a 25 year-old's way to start worrying about skincare and anti-aging - and I've been using them religiously and decided to purchase the full sized ones! Find out why after the break!

little baby bottles!




I asked a young Sephora's associate what she recommends for a 25 year old who doesn't have a set skincare routine and wants to get her shit down to the T before she starts aging. She recommended Ole Henricksen because I said that I needed something with Vitamin C because I read that fighting the free radicals and pollution is important for young skin,

This kit has a serum (the orange bottle), for the day, and a night gel (the green) for night and the blue moisturizer for both.


The Orange "truth serum" is the best part - it smells like oranges and is my favorite part of getting ready in the mornings! It glides on cool and smooth, absorbs pretty fast (still feels a little tacky) and then I put the moisturizer lightly on my dry spots of my combination skin and follow with sunscreen. According to sephora: . Formulated with a proprietary five-source vitamin C complex to support natural collagen production, brighten, and minimize fine lines, this must-have serum defends from environmental aggressors and free radical damage, leaving skin healthy and protected.


The Green "Invigorating Night Treatment"- yes, it stings. SLIGHTLY. I guess you could say it's "invigorating" but really it feels tingly and stingy like a light bleach. It says it's resurfacing so I expected some acidic properties, and it does sting if you've got a cut/dry flaky skin. It's a gelly gel and it smooths on smoothly and absorbs, leaving skin every so slightly tacky. According to Sephora:  This powerful gel seals in essential vitamins and minerals for deeply nourished skin. It supports natural cell turnover, improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and smooths texture, resulting in a beautiful, radiant, youthful-looking complexion. 

The Blue "Sheer Transformation" Moisturizer is nice! It feel somewhat cooling and soothing, although the "brightening" properties make me wonder how it's not acidic and drying... It does feel soothing and I am anxious to apply this especially after the night treatment. According to Sephora: A potent blend of actiwhite™, licorice, and vitamin C help fade dark spots, even skintone, and prevent premature signs of aging while botanical fruit acids gently exfoliate and retexturize. 


First off - I don't recommend these tiny bottles. I guess its' a good way to try the products, but I did intend to use these bottles on a trip. However the orange one's cap keeps coming off! I've fixed it by wrapping saran wrap around the threads before putting the cap on tightly... 


Now I did purchase the large sizes:
The big girl versions (plus bonus micellar water and toner haul in the back)
Because I do like finally having a skincare regimen that uses nature and doesn't feel thick (I HATE greasy creams and lotions!). I do think that this set may be particularly drying if you have dry skin/ live in a dry climate.

I've learned that WHERE YOU LIVE is a big part of what kind of skin you have.  Yes, I have oily skin, but I live in HAWAII. It's humid 100% of the time here. When I was in SF recently, my skin INSTANTLY dryed out and was sensitive to everything! In LA my skin was pretty normal!

So for oily/combination skin - this evened me out. I do have some dry patches because I've had Pityriasis Rosea (a non-contagious skin virus) recently and I am still cleaning up the mess it's left (I'll do a blog on that later). But with this moisturizer, I do feel that my skin is ever - no oily messes, no super flaky dryness.

Now I did buy the set with the African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser, and I'm not sure if it's because I don't use foaming cleansers or the tea is too drying - but I immediately felt my skin tight on my face and the dry patches from the PR came back instantly! In a few hours my skin evened out again, but I do not use this cleanser unless I've had a particularly dirty, heavy makeup, greasy day. My boyfriend however loves it, and he doesn't use anything on his skin. He thinks his skin feels nice after using it, so at least someone can use it!

This is the regular size Kit I bought at sephora:
The 3 Little Wonders + Cleanse Kit (plus my points and CC concealer haul: review coming!)
There's another kit without the cleanser ($73), but this one is only $3 more for the cleanser so why not try it?



FINAL THOUGHTS:
I do like this skincare line. It's not for the most sensitive of sensitive skin, nor would I recommend it for extremely dry skin. However, for normal/oily/combo skin it is evening! I do think my complexion is smoother, no rough spots, no extremely oily spots and if I do miss a day, my skin does look duller. I will stick to these 3 wonders until I need a step up to anti-aging. I'm only 25, but that's when it all starts!


You Might Also Like

0 Sparkles

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook